Test cases should be created to verify the correct behavior of images compression. check below links to have a better reference - http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.2/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-IMAGE_FSTYPES - http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.2/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-IMAGE_TYPES
Working on it.
Working on this implementation, I found a bug "IMAGE_FSTYPES=btrfs requires udev-native to build" . Bitbake fails when trying to compile adding all the IMAGE_FSTYPES. Which blocks this one. 1. Edit conf/local.conf file, adding the following variable. IMAGE_FSTYPES += "btrfs" 2. After compiling a minimal failed. Waiting for resolution for [1] [1] - https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10998
As "NEEDINFO” until https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10998 resolution
Moved to 2.4 due https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10998 as a blocker.
Your comment says that this moved to 2.4 but the target milestone is set to M4, please clarify.
(In reply to comment #5) > Your comment says that this moved to 2.4 but the target milestone is set to > M4, please clarify. Sorry my bad.
Sent patch, waiting for approval. http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2017-May/137334.html Also in contrib. http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=fjpedraz/CompressedImages&id=359f88e93976f60494371e7c5c5b8c641eb93e2c
New version implemented: http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=fjpedraz/Compressed_Images Waiting for integration of anibal and leo work at: alimon/oeqa_integration http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=alimon/oeqa_integration
(In reply to comment #8) > New version implemented: > http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=fjpedraz/ > Compressed_Images > > Waiting for integration of anibal and leo work at: alimon/oeqa_integration > > http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=alimon/ > oeqa_integration This implementation should fail when running due the following two bugs I raised: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11589 https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11590
(In reply to comment #9) > (In reply to comment #8) > > New version implemented: > > http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=fjpedraz/ > > Compressed_Images > > > > Waiting for integration of anibal and leo work at: alimon/oeqa_integration > > > > http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=alimon/ > > oeqa_integration > > This implementation should fail when running due the following two bugs I > raised: > https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11589 > https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11590 Patch version 3 sent [1]. Waiting for the fix of 10998 and 11590, moving to M2 until they get fixed. [1] - http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2017-June/137613.html
(In reply to comment #10) > (In reply to comment #9) > > (In reply to comment #8) > > > New version implemented: > > > http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=fjpedraz/ > > > Compressed_Images > > > > > > Waiting for integration of anibal and leo work at: alimon/oeqa_integration > > > > > > http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=alimon/ > > > oeqa_integration > > > > This implementation should fail when running due the following two bugs I > > raised: > > https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11589 > > https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11590 > > Patch version 3 sent [1]. > Waiting for the fix of 10998 and 11590, moving to M2 until they get fixed. > > [1] - > http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2017-June/137613. > html sorry my bad s/Waiting for the fix of 10998 and 11590/Waiting for the fix of 11589 and 11590
Move to M3 due dependevy bugs are not solved yet for M2
Moved to 2.5 due resources constraint
This bug has a dependency on bug 11967. Proposed patch is on http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=jperez/bug10745-full
It appears all the blocking bugs have been resolved. Apoorv do you have any thoughts about moving forward on this bug?
On further review during Bug Triage call, we have decided to close this bug. If it is still an issue, please reopen or file a new bug.